Sunday, March 05, 2006

A post about not posting!

As my regular readers (all 3 of them) have noticed, I have been slow to post lately, taking an average of 10 days between posts.
This forced scaling down of my blogging schedule is the result of two things, a new job which is proving very challenging, and a recurrence of a medical condition that has impacted me badly once again.

As I deal with these twin challenges, I am sure I will find my rhythm again and get back to posting 3-4 times a week.

For the mean time, you just have to bear with me!

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Desert Pundit said...

Kickers, thanks for the nice sentiment.

Mmm, my new job, I like the challenge, and the ability to take risks, as well as the promise of building my team. The downside is, it is pretty ad hoc at the moment, and it is all too fluid, with me being the hatchet man who can be an asshole in negotiations.

My health, ah, I only have myself to blame for tinkering with it, and I am sure I will survive. In the meantime, it is a bit painful to be alive.

Thanks for your offer, I am enjoying reading the posts on your blog. if things don't improve in the coming couple of days, I am sure I'll need your help.

Thanks again
Qais

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Desert Pundit said...

No, not Asthma, I have not had an attack in 6 months here, really good record. In Dubai, we usually spend 99% of the time inside air conditioned zone, so it is very dry, too dry in fact.

Without revealing too much, I tried to lose weight the easy way, by way of pills -what the heck was I thinking-, it worked for a while, but it screwed up my system, 6 months and $5,000 in medical bills (thank god for insurance)later, I am still suffering. I counted yesterday that I've had over 250 antibiotic pills over the past period, to no avail.

So life goes on, each has his/her cross to bear, and this is mine currently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home