Thursday, January 19, 2006

In Tokyo!

I am finally here!

After an 18 hours journey, I had to really sleep off the jet lag, and it took 11 hours of sleep to do that.

Japan took me with open arms, and I reverted to behaving like a resident, my limited vocabulary flooded back, I asked for directions in Japanese and understood the answers (at least the important part of them)!

Tokyo is as seductive as ever, I did my obligatory pilgrimage to Meji-Jingo, one of the most beautiful Shinto shrines in Japan, located in the heart of Harajuku, spilled the water, clapped my hands and wished a wish. The feeling of peace was unbelievable while walking the long wooded path.

Went to Shinjuku, and to my favourite garden on the roof of Tokyo, located at the roof of Takashimaya Town Square Department Store, and saw the skyline again, it is little changed, but still as stunning. Took loads of pictures.

Walked to Tokyo Metropolitan Government Offices, the twin futuristic building, and I had a totaly different appreciation for them 10 years after I first saw them. Thank you Ahmad for teaching me how to appreciate modern architecture!

Now I am sitting of all places in a Seattleā€™s Best Coffee outlet (Free Hotspot!) in the amazing Roppongi Hill complex. I just cannot describe how post-modern this edifice is, pics will have to tell the story!

I will post again in 2 days with pictures!

Sayonara

1 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kepp the posts coming man! very interested to the the pics too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home