Friday, March 10, 2006

Make a quilt out of these thoughts!

Wakeup call: A serious blow to ego and confidence gives a new lease on life, with clearer goals and less illusions, focus and purpose is restored.

Reunion: A homage trip to the East provide many moments of clarity, with few epiphanies thrown in for good measure. Domo Arrigato Gozaimashta Hakkai-san.

Defensive morons: I hate it when people think that any body criticizing his society is only concerned with his image in the west, rather than how the society is looking to him/her. There is a clear possibility that I actually care about this society's direction!

Haunting Past: I hate it when more than a year later, "moving on" is a daily struggle, even when others came and went.

Age: Yet another birthday passed, with more candles than I care to count, surprisingly, I feel fine, with no rush or urgency or any ticking biological clock.

Human weaknesses: This goddamned body lets me down every once in a while, and is less and les tolerant of the abuses I heap upon it. I cannot wait for the first bionic shop to open.

Calling: A thing to ponder on, am I destined to roam the business world, or should I walk away to write or create, in relative poverty, but possibly happier?

Home: Is becoming more and more a hypothetical place, even when I am paying for an apartment (at home) that I have no intention to ever live in. Maybe Mahmood Darwish was wrong for me, and my home(land) is my suitcase, and I am a traveller.

Senses: It is amazing how sensory signal reignite memories, the smell of fresh towels, a sip of purple Shiraz, the sound of hissing wind, all have attachments to certain people and places that flood back uninvited.

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Desert Pundit said...

Kickers

Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had it in a very snowy night in Tokyo, it was fun.

I think we share the same view regarding home, maybe I've been a bit more nomadic, but the feeling is the same.

I agree, we share externalising our rage through blogs, with a bit of self-indulgent banter, symptoms of the me-generation :-) I plead guilty.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Desert Pundit said...

Mmm, so you've been on Al Jazeera, that must have been something. I have not been myself, I was badmouthed on it on account of an article that I wrote. My dad is on Al Jazeera couple of times a week, thats how I see him nowadays!

Dr. Wafa Sultan participated via link from LA. Here is the transcript http://www.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/17389B0B-7B34-47D1-8F98-09022430BE6E.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home